About Breakthrough Properties
Breakthrough Properties is a life science real estate investment company that leverages cross-sector collaboration to deliver environments that foster innovation and scientific breakthroughs. As a joint- venture between Tishman Speyer and Bellco Capital, combining Tishman Speyer’s global real estate platform with Bellco Capital’s deep life science investment expertise, Breakthrough is developing and delivering environments where companies can create life-changing therapies for patients. Breakthrough is led by an experienced management team with a proven track record investing, developing and operating best-in- class life science real estate. At Breakthrough, we seek to be a home for scientific discovery and innovation because we understand what scientists do, how they do it and why they do it.
Breakthrough is looking for a Director, Investor Relations to join our team. This position will be responsible for all functions related to supporting client relations including directing communication, managing solutions, and overseeing team coordination. Responsibilities for this position include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop business knowledge and be responsible for articulating Breakthrough’s Investment strategy, platforms, and competitive advantages to both existing and potential investors and other stakeholders.
- Quarterback highly technical investor requests through resolution, serving as the primary liaison between clients and the internal teams.
- Support deepening our relationships with existing clients by assisting in the continual creation and distribution of thoughtful market and investment insights.
- Maintain the investor communications platform and onboarding investors to the system in coordination with legal, accounting teams. Responsible for dissemination of client reporting, including, but not limited to, portfolio, performance, and market commentary; other investor communications; and select content posted to Breakthrough’s public and client-facing websites.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify/drive improvements to product reporting while ensuring consistency in the client experience across strategy lines.
- Working closing with internal/external Equity Capital Markets team to support fundraising efforts acting as the central point of contact to gather materials and responses for DDQ and Investors meetings.
- Collaborating with Portfolio Management team in the preparation of marketing content including, but not limited to, pitch books, case studies, due diligence material, and custom presentations.
- Working with the Corporate Communications & Branding team to execute programming initiatives such as conferences or events to help raise brand awareness.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field required, MBA preferred
- 6-10 years of related experience in Investments or Client Service / Investor Relations
- Direct experience in private equity institutional fund will be a plus
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Juniper Square or similar software a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, Breakthrough Properties is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. FULL VACCINATION STATUS IS REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT AT BREAKTHROUGH PROPERTIES.